Monday, April 21, 2014

16:52 Motivational Monday

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  
The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
-Thomas A. Edison


My dearest children have a way of making my grey hairs make a showing faster than they should!!
They definitely do not give up on this aspect of their lives, scaring their mother and watching her reaction.  They will always succeed in scaring me anytime they do something like this.  

On this particular day, I decided I would not show any emotion towards them.  I know they secretly love it when I screech and holler to get away from the edge.  I thought maybe if I showed no reaction they wouldn't think the edge was nearly as fun.  We were hiking Mushroom Rock, and along many parts of the trail there is lookouts like this.  They love walking out to the edge of these boulders and dangling their noses over them.  (Pew, I can hardly look at this picture without getting queasy)!  Parker is clearly waiting for a reaction from me.  Instead I hid behind my large camera and held my breath.  I hate heights, they nearly make my knees quiver!   I did not screech or holler.  It didn't matter, I must have turned 10 shades whiter.  That's all the reaction he needed, he succeeded!     

Unfortunately, they will take this quote with them forever and ever, and they most certainly will not give up on getting a reaction from me!  Just once I wish they would give up, but then I would probably have to give up on hiking.  It's a no win situation. :)

Head on over to Marcy to see what's new in her world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment