Friday, February 28, 2014

Powder day...

After a month or so of asking, my boys finally talked me into going skiing with them.  You see, I am definitely a fair weather skier.  I prefer blue bird days, with groomed trails.  This was not the case when we went!  Snowed all day, in fact it was a blizzard at times.  The snow was amazing, which was a bonus.  The mountain had been blasted with about a foot of freshies.  My legs barely made it through the day, sigh. :-)  These 3 were fine, since this was about their hundredth time going this year. 
Getting geared up and ready to head up the hill.

Connor (my middle child) melted my heart this day!  As we were preparing to get on the lift, he was right by my side giving instructions.  "Mom, as soon as that chairlift goes around you need to start scooting to the line. Then, make sure you hold your poles up.  Also Mom, these chairlifts are fast turn to the inside to get a hold on the pole.  I don't want you falling off."  So cute!  (I'm pretty sure he thought this was my first time ever skiing.) When we were nearing the end of our ride up the chairlift, "Mom, hold the tips of your skiis up. You don't want them getting caught."  

They brought me down some difficult hills.  Connor was right behind me.  At one point I told him he could race ahead and not wait for me.  He told me, "No, I will follow you.  I want to make sure you get down this hill okay."  My heart double sighed.  He stayed by me all day and waited and was patient with me.  
It was snowing this hard all day. 




Mid afternoon I convinced the boys they needed a hot chocolate/snack break.  My legs were wheezing!





After our break, we headed back out for a few more runs.  They went off every bump they could find.  I went around every bump I could see.



I had been dragging my feet about going for weeks.  Boy am I happy I decided to go.  We ended up with less than ideal weather, but wonderful snow!  And my heart was filled to full by my 9 year old.  I will take love in anyway or form.  In fact, this day in a blizzard on Sunlight mountain.

1 comment:

  1. Melt my heart too, Connor! How sweet of him! Also, the picture of Parker looks like Bear Jr.

    ReplyDelete